Rules to add for Drinking Games
Since most drinking games you play have certain occasions where players can introduce their own rules, and an annoying number of people don't have rules already thought up when it becomes to their time to create them, I offer this list of popular/vicious rules for you to unleash on the unwary, in addition to the International Drinking Game Rules
- No belching. This only counts if you are caught.
- No saying "mate." Only good for Aussies, but you can modify it depending on the group. A group of Swedes I played with made the rule that you weren't allowed to say "Yes" or "No" in English. I finished a lot of drinks that evening and wound up missing work the next day, though it was all for the best.
- Every time you nominate drinks, at least one of them must go to yourself, or every time you nominate, you must drink as well.
- If you use your toilet card, you must finish your drink before leaving the table.
- No touching your face without permission.
- You must ask permission to leave and re-enter the table.
- You must drink with your pinky finger extended.
- Acceptance: You are not allowed to accept an object from anyone. If you must get something from another person, they need to put the object down so you can pick it up. Only the person who accepts the item must drink (this is a great rule to use against people, especially if you need to pass dice or something on a regular basis during the game).
- [Probably the most vicious rule I've ever experienced] No saying words that begin with S. And since most people will immediately respond, "You said a word that started with S!" when you break this rule, it's great...unfortunately, it turns you into paranoid idiot manchildren stumbling and halting over every word when it comes to actual conversation. Just try it. Go without saying a word that begins with S for one minute of conversation. I dare you.
- [The second most vicious rule ever forced upon me] No eating at the table. This is only really valid when someone is trying to eat at the table. I was forced to take a drink after each bite I took.
- Every time a particular player takes a drink, a different player must drink the same.
Last updated on 9 May, 2002. It's later than you think. So have a drink.
Please send notice of all criticisms, complaints, broken links, adulations, compliments, death threats, and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or ICQ# 2649564.